The first step to a successful weight loss plan is to start with a clean slate. Achieve a clean slate by detoxifying the body to remove and eliminate toxins. This can jump start your metabolism helping your body calibrate to its healthy weight.
What are toxins?
Toxins have harmful effects on the body. Toxins can come from food or water, from chemicals used to grow or prepare food, and even from the polluted air that we breathe. The body eliminates these toxins by way of the skin, liver, and kidneys.
What is toxic overload?
Problems arise when toxic overload occurs. Toxic overload is the result of toxins going into the body at a faster rate than they are going out. Toxic overload can result in adverse side effects such as weight gain and the inability to lose weight.
Why do toxins cause weight gain?
Our bodies retain excess fat tissue in order to protect the vital organs from the harmful toxic buildup. It is imperative to rid the body of toxins to reach and maintain your body’s healthy weight.
How to detox the body?
Detoxing does not have to be a complicated program. You can start the detoxification process by making better choices everyday.
Simple Ways to Detox
- Drink plenty of water. The ideal amount is one half your body weight in ounces.
- Make smart food choices. Stay away from the junk and over processed foods. Eat organic whenever possible.
- Eat yogurt or drink kefir. The natural probiotics help maintain healthy digestion.
- Exercise. Detoxifying workouts include yoga and jumping on a trampoline.
- Dry brush skin daily with a loofah before your shower or bath to remove debris from skin and stimulate lymph flow.
- Do a liquid fast once a week with lemon water (*consult your physician before fasting).
- Take a bath using Epsom salt to draw out toxins through skin.