There are some staple natural items that every woman should keep in stock at home. These go-to items are great for do-it-yourself beauty recipes and for quick fixes for beauty dilemmas. This list of natural beauty must-haves may sound more like a grocery list. However, these items all have amazing beautifying properties that nature intended.
1. CASTILE SOAP: This natural soap derived from olive oil. It can double as a body wash and a shampoo. It works great on any skin and hair type. It has a nice lather and rinses away without any residue.
2. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: This tonic works great for maintaining clear, healthy pH balanced skin. It can be used alone as a toner. It can also be used to make acidic water to use for facials and other beauty treatments.
3. COCONUT OIL: This light-bodied oil is high in omega fatty acids making it an excellent conditioner for hair and skin. It absorbs easily. Use it for both a body oil and hot oil hair treatment. It can also be taken as a dietary supplement. Supermodel, Miranda Kerr, credits her shiny hair and blemish-free skin to her daily dose of coconut oil.
4. OLIVE OIL: This medium-bodied oil is great for providing intense moisture. It penetrates deep into skin for long-lasting moisture. It is high in antioxidants making it great for anti-aging treatments. Use it to soften skin and hair. It can also help shield skin from the sun’s damaging UV rays. It is also excellent to use during a manicure to soften cuticles and during pedicures to relieve chapped feet.
5. TEA TREE OIL: This powerful natural antibacterial is can be used as an all-purpose beauty product. This essential oil can be used as an effective acne treatment. Its antiseptic properties make it effective at preventing ingrown hairs and treating toenail fungus. Also, add a few drops to a bath to help with body odor.
6. SUGAR: This kitchen staple is better for the outside of your body than the inside. Use it to cook a sugar paste that can be used as a natural hair remover. It can also be added to olive oil and used as an exfoliating body scrub.
7. HONEY: This natural moisturizeris rich in nutrients and enzymes that support a healthy complexion. It is great for facials because it promotes skin cell renewal making skin softer and younger looking. It can be used alone or mixed with other ingredients to make a facial mask.
8. LEMON JUICE: The acidic property of lemons make them an excellent for skincare. Use lemons to naturally fade scars and lighten dark elbows and knees. Also, add lemon juice to your water for a detoxing tonic.
9. EPSOM SALT: Add to your bath and soak for ten minutes to draw impurities from skin. It is also great to add to oil and use as an exfoliating body scrub.
10. COD LIVER OIL: This oil is high in essential fatty acids. Take as a dietary supplement to support a clear, healthy complexion.
*These items can be found in most health food stores or in the health food section of grocery stores.