Practicing green beauty doesn’t have to be inconvenient. With a few minor adjustments to your daily beauty routine you can play a major role in preserving and protecting our environment. Here are the best tips I’ve learned that can serve as a simple guide to practicing daily green beauty.
- Make your beauty products multi-purpose. Use your lipstick as a cheek stain or use your concealer as an eyeshadow primer. Putting your products on double-duty helps conserve on packaging. It also helps conserve some of your hard earned cash.
- Use makeup brushes and/or your (clean) fingers to apply your makeup. Avoid using cotton swabs and disposable sponges. This can greatly reduce the amount of solid waste you produce that may take years to decompose.
- Unplug all of your beauty tools after you ave finished using them. This includes items such as your hairdryer, curling iron, and flat iron. They continue using electricity even when turned off if they remain plugged into an outlet.
- Save water by taking shorter showers. Also, turn the water off while washing your face or brushing your teeth over the sink. Every minute you cut from your shower saves about 5 gallons of water. The less water you use the lower your impact on the environment.
- Purchase your cosmetics from companies with green business practices that use renewable energy sources. Look to green beauty brands you can trust such as Josie Maran Cosmetics, Tarte Cosmetics, and EcoTools. Also, stay connected to MsToi.com for the latest in healthy beauty.