Make the most of your Jack-O-Lantern and use it for a thing of beauty. Dense in nutrients, pumpkins can be used to make excellent healthy beauty treatments and healthy beauty snacks.
The Beauty Benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is an ingredient that can benefit all skin types. In particular, pumpkin is an effective skin exfoliant because of the high content of natural enzymes. These enzymes help dissolve dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Try this simple pumpkin exfoliating mask for a natural healthy glow.
- 1/4 cup cooked pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 10 drops essential oil
- Cut pumpkin into 1-2 inch pieces. Scoop out the pumpkin seeds and save them for the next recipe. Place pumpkin pieces into a pot of water and lightly simmer for a few minutes until tender. Remove pumpkin pieces from hot water and let cool to room temperature. Once cool, peel off the skin. Place pumpkin into a small bowl and add olive oil and essential oil. Stir until completely blended. Use a blender or food processor to puree pumpkin mixture to a creamy consistency. Add brown sugar and stir until completely blended. Store in an airtight container.
- I used doTerra Wild Orange Essential Oil for my pumpkin mask. It serves as a natural preservative and it also gives it a light, refreshing scent. I prefer doTerra essential oils because they a certified food-grade. Visit the link below to check out doTerra food grade essential oils.
There is no part of the pumpkin that needs to go to waste. Roast the pumpkin seeds for a delicious healthy snack. Studies have shown that pumpkin seeds also have anti-inflammatory properties which can have an anti-aging affect on your looks. Roast your pumpkin seeds perfectly with this easy recipe.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- Rinse pumpkin seeds very well. Place into a small bowl and add olive oil and salt. Mix well so that all of the seeds are coated with oil and salt. Spread seeds onto a baking sheet. Place in oven at 170 degrees F (75 degrees C). Remove from oven after 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.